The rise of web conferencing is evident. Web conference technologies provide a powerful tool for a wide range of activities. They offer an innovative framework for educational programs as well as networking possibilities. Web-based seminars, also known as webinars, have arisen from this new technology and are proving to be an increasingly indispensable tool for training and collaboration.
Knowledge and experience in the field of new synchronous technologies are increasingly becoming prerequisites for professionals in higher education. This webinar seeks to provide easier access to these technologies and through practical experience.
- To familiarise with the functions of Adobe Connect
- To lower the threshold for participants to organise webinars and online meetings themselves
The webinar consists of 2 sessions each lasting 75 minutes. The live sessions will be complemented with further material as well as asynchronous discussions.
- Technical aspects, requirements for Adobe Connect
- Features and functions (slide presentations, video/audio integration, session recording…)
- Extensions for Adobe Connect (e.g. maps, Twitter, Youtube…)
Formats, implementation and good practice
- Flipped Classroom
- Learning by Teaching
- Mobile web conferencing (Android, iOS)
- Alternatives to Adobe Connect (e.g. Google Hangouts)
- Moderation Do's & Don'ts
Further synchronous tools
- Interactive whiteboards
- Synchronous text editing
About the presenter
David Röthler has a Master’s degree in Law, is trainer, consultant and journalist in the fields of political communication, media and European funding. He teaches at journalism schools in Austria and Germany. His focus is on participatory journalism, social media and new funding schemes e.g. crowdfunding and social payment. Furthermore he has extensive experience with the management of international projects.